LEDs (Light Emitting Diodes) are talented technology and they are considered to be the lighting of tomorrow. They are very small, robust and very effective. LEDs are increasingly establishing themselves as a fixed component of contemporary living. Using white and coloured light and an intelligent control, LEDs ensure bright illumination in the most diverse of rooms. Planners, designers and tile layers now are being handed completely new options, in combination with our newly developed light profiles, to design kitchens, bathrooms, living areas and working areas with light.
LEDs - At a glance…
- Economical in the use of electricity, the diodes work 50 times longer than incandescent bulbs.
- Efficient: one 8 Watt LED strip provides the same light output as a 60 Watt bulb.
- Flexible in form and colour.
- Low maintenance: assuming a daily average use of three hours, our brand-name LED products last up to 40,000 hours, which translates to 36 years.
- Bright: LEDs generate white light and deliver more than 16 million different tones of colour.
- Environmentally friendly: LEDs contain no poisonous mercury and, in comparison to conventional lamps, can even save up to 90 percent electricity.
- Due to new technologies, LED colour temperatures have become suitable for living areas. Thanks to a special coating, LEDs also supply pleasantly warm-white light.
- Suitable for moisture-rich rooms (wetrooms/bathrooms/kitchens). Our LED strips are sealed in accordance with IP65 (protection against jet water from all directions).
Good to know:
Schlüter®-LIPROTEC-ES are high-performance LEDs that have been specifically developed for use in Schlüter lighting profiles. Depending on the profiles to be used, the LED strips differ in width and illumination direction. Schlüter®-LIPROTEC-ES is available in various lighting qualities and colours (in parts also adjustable). All LEDs can be variably dimmed via the corresponding control system technology.
Schlüter®-LIPROTEC-ES are constructed such that, in interaction with our profiles and diffusers, they achieve a particularly homogenous distribution in order to look like one continuous stream of light. Therefore, this avoids the impression of a spotty "chain of lights" in the first place!